This material is owned by Tampereen Erikoissarana OY and can not be used freely.
Control boxThe control box is a PIC16F84 microcontroller based driving:
- an LCD to give the user informations about the system
- inputs coming from 2 reed sensors and buttons
- and 2 outputs to drive the pneumatic cylinder by sending pulses to the pneumatic valves.
SchematicThe Schematic is the same as my other projects in the PIC16F84 section, but adapted to a 12V power supply to control the pneumatic valves, then a Step-down switching regulator is used instead of a classic regulator to avoid the overheating caused by a potential difference. The RGB LED shows three different states:
- Red: by using a transistor to indicate that the fuse must be replaced
- Green: the cylinder is extending
- Blue: the cylinder is extracting